When the Vote Goes Down!
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   July 2, 2010
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
- Vote for Oaklandish in Best of the East Bay
- New Shirts Premiering on Facebook
- Peace in Oakland
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
There are so many things here in the East Bay that are the best. So when the East Bay Express wants to find out who in particular and what specifically is THE BEST, they have 197 categories for you to vote on. We only want to win a tiny fraction of those categories, and we hope you'll help us. Please vote for OAKLANDISH in the following 6 categories:
Best locally made clothes: OAKLANDISH
Best locally made product: OAKLANDISH
Best T-shirts: OAKLANDISH
Best men’s clothing: OAKLANDISH
Best women’s clothing: OAKLANDISH
Vote here:
http://posting.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/Survey?survey=1709010
Voting closes this Sunday, July 4th!
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
We've been printing new shirts around the clock with only small breaks for eating, sleeping, bike riding, drinking, summer barbequing, and shopping for fireworks online. So, we have a lot of new shirts, and we're posting them first on Facebook since that's where everyone seems to hang out these days. If you're the type of person who likes to be the first with fresh shirts, then we highly recommend that you announce publicly that you "Like" us here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oaklandish/307785720017
--------------------------------------
Enjoy your celebrations of independence and self-determination over this long weekend Oakland! Remember also that fulfilling the expectations of those in power means we have allowed ourselves to become like the system we oppose.

Represent the town. Represent the people. Represent what you believe in. Oaklandish represents you.
And you're always welcome to find us on Twitter or oaklandish.com too:
Follow:
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish
Shop:
http://www.oaklandish.com/shop