Swarm Gallery Shop/Show Opening Friday
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:21:06 -0800 (PST)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   December 9, 2009
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
{ contents }
Swarm Gallery Shop/Show
Holiday Buy Night (Mall-ternative)
Local Love
Holiday Shopping
Free Shipping over $75
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Friday, December 11 from 6-9pm
SWARM GALLERY | SHOP/SHOW OPENING
560 Second Street, Oakland (across from Cost Plus)
Oaklandish is participating in Swarm Gallery's Shop/Show, a pop-up shop and curated show from December 11 through January 24. The exhibit will include an Oaklandish installation and satellite store, plus publications and more from Rowan Morrison and Electric Works, with extended gallery hours of 12-6pm, Tues-Sun. We're also printing limited edition t-shirts available exclusively at Swarm featuring the art of Terry Furry, Sarah Smith, John Casey, and Jake Watling.
http://www.swarmgallery.com/gallery/exhibitions/Shop_Show.htm
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Thursday & Friday, December 10-11 from 5-10pm
OAKLAND UNWRAPPED HOLIDAY BUY NIGHT
Jack London Market, 55 Harrison (at Water St.)
This holiday shopping event takes place at Jack London Square tomorrow and Friday night from 5-10pm. It features locally-owned and independent shops and artists from Oakland Unwrapped!, Pro Arts, and Oakland Grown. In addition to all the artisans and vendors, there will be food, beer, wine, hot cocoa, DJs, and musical and theatrical performances. This event will be indoors in the new Jack London Market building.
http://oaklandunwrapped.org/holidaybuynight.html
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Saturday, December 12 from 5-9pm
LOCAL LOVE
Presented by the merchants of the 40th Street Corridor. Celebrate local art, goods, and community with simultaneous holiday parties at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records, ISSUES, Manifesto, Mercy Vintage Now, Premium Tattoo & Vintage, Rowan Morrison Gallery, & Subrosa Coffee. Oaklandish will be outside Manifesto.
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
TELEGRAPH AVE. HOLIDAY STREET FAIR
December 12, 13, 19, 20, 23 & 24 from 11am-6pm
Oaklandish and other local vendors will be on Telegraph Ave. on all these days. The Street is closed down and all the artisans will add an extra flavor to the already colorful local shopping spot.
http://www.telegraphfair.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
MOBILE OPS
When we're not busy at all these holiday events, or at our usual spots at the Old Oakland Farmers' Market on Fridays, Grand Lake on Saturdays, and Temescal on Sundays, you can find Oaklandish on the corner of Piedmont Avenue and Pleasant Valley, in front of the Piedmont Piano Company on Tuesday through Sunday afternoons until 6pm. Oaklandish posts up on this corner with the rig every year around the holidays, and we'll be there all the way through December 24th for all you last-minute panic holiday shoppers! (Weather permitting.)
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Saturday & Sunday, December 19-20 from 11am-7pm
RENEGADE CRAFT FAIR
Fort Mason Center Herbst Pavillion
Although we are Oaklandish, and keep it in the East Bay most of the time, we occasionally venture to the city of San Francisco. This is another chance to support local artisans with any holiday shopping that you do.
http://www.renegadecraft.com/holiday-sf
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
FREE SHIPPING OVER $75
For those of you who prefer doing your holiday shopping from the comfort of your home, Oaklandish is offering free shipping for any web orders over $75 (before tax). Check it out!
http://www.oaklandish.com/shop/
pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish