Sunday: Stroll | Jazz | Love
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   September 10, 2009
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
{ contents }
Sunday: Solano Stroll, Montclair Jazz and Wine Festival, Bike Love
upcoming: CultureFest, Rockridge Out and About, Blood Drive, Outdoor Movie, Tour D'Oakland
ongoing: Capture the Flag and dope new Oaklandish designs
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
This will be a busy weekend for Oaklandish! Besides our usual spot at the Saturday Grand Lake Farmers' Market (9:00-2:00), we will also be at both the Solano Stroll (10:00-6:00) and the Montclair Jazz and Wine Festival (11:00-6:00) on Sunday, September 13. Both of these should be fun festivals, so be sure to come through to say what's up to Oaklandish.
http://www.solanoavenueassn.org/strol.htm
http://www.montclairjazzandwine.org/
note: this means tht we will not be at the Temescal farmers' market this weekend

also this Sunday...
BIKE LOVE FESTIVAL: 8am-2pm, 2400 Valdez, Oakland (one block west of Whole Foods). Custom Framebuilders Show, Swap Meet, Raffle, FREE donuts and Coffee. Come check out the latest custom frames by Steve Rex, Mikkelsen, 4130 Inc, RRVelo, Cleaver, and more. Eat FREE donuts and drink FREE coffee in the morning. Enter the raffle and win prizes. Sell your bike or parts at the swap without flaky Craigslisters or Ebay fees. Small spaces are FREE, larger vendors spots are only $20. Please RSVP for larger spots. All proceeds from the swap will be donated to WOBO (www.walkoaklandbikeoakland.org). Help get another bike lane put down in Oakland by participating in the event.
http://back2swap.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
KoreaTown-Northgate CultureFest
Saturday, September 19, 11:30-6:30pm
Telegraph between 24th and 27th Streets
This festival will include a multi-cultural BBQ contest, a beverage garden, two entertainment stages, and many vendors, including Oaklandish.
http://www.koreatownnorthgate.org/events.html
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Rockridge Out and About
Sunday, September 27, 11:00-6:00pm
College Avenue, between Claremont & Manila
This festival, one of the last of the season, will feature musicians, clowns, street performers, fashion shows, cooking demos, in-store workshops, and wellness activities.
http://www.rockridgeoutandabout.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Friday, Sept 11, 2-7pm
Regen Community Center. If you want donate blood you can go to Regenerationweb.com and sign up for an open slot. The American Red Cross is the main supplier for 30 hospitals in the East Bay including Oakland Children's Hospital.

Also Friday, Sept 11:
Community Outdoor Movie: Slum Dog Millionaire. Regen Parking Lot 8:30pm.
From 6:00 on they will have the grill out, boardgames, handball, and four square. You can check out Funktown Farms (see the chickens), and the Cafe will be open. Bring a chair, blanket, art projects, your friends, and something to share. Regen Community Center and Lot are located on corner of 3rd Ave and E 15th St in Funk town.
http://funktownfarm.wordpress.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Tour D'Oakland Bike Tours
Sunday, September 20th, 8:30am at Montclair Park
The Tour is a benefit ride for BORP, which is a non-profit organization providing recreational opportunities, such as adaptive cycling, for disabled children and adults. The maps, food and SAG are provided by the Veloraptors Bicycle Club, the Montclair Lions, Nelly’s Java and Safeway Stores so all of the proceeds will go to support BORP. To sign up call Ron at 510-325-5706 or email at scrivanir [at] aol.com.
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Capture the Flag - Still Goin' Strong!
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:30pm
Meet at Frank Ogawa Plaza for game time!
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandctf
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Oaklandish has been busy coming up with fresh new designs. We have one new t-shirt that has the Bay Bridge on it, which has been selling like crazy. Maybe folks think it will be a collector's item they can sell on EBay for millions when they finally finish the new bridge and the old one will be gone! We have that t-shirt in women's and men's in slate, navy, and toothpaste colors:
women's -- http://tinyurl.com/opj7sg
men's -- http://tinyurl.com/navybridge
Another new women's design has a beautiful little bird and a lovely sewer map of Oakland:
http://tinyurl.com/qe9dh8
And we have another women's tunic with agapanthus on it:
http://tinyurl.com/ko59r2

If you want to check out all our new designs in person, and you can't make it to one of the festivals we'll be at, you can always find Oaklandish at the Grand Lake Farmers' Market on Saturdays and the Temescal Market on Sundays.
pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish