Radio Regatta This Sunday
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   August 20, 2009

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
{ contents }
Radio Regatta
Innovators Exhibit
Eat Real
It's Hammertime!
Oakland's Kidical Mass
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
OAKLANDISH PRESENTS THE 4th ANNUAL RADIO REGATTA
Sunday, August 23rd, 1:00-7:00pm
This party is the biggest Oaklandish event of the year. We will be holding it down at the Lake Merritt Sailboat House, 568 Bellevue Avenue (inside Lakeside Park) all afternoon. We have a great line-up of eight DJ's, free gondola rides, and half-priced boat rentals. The music the DJ's will be spinning in the Boathouse will be micro-FM broadcast out across the lake, so folks can tune in and enjoy it while out on the water in the summer sun. Bring a portable radio if you have one, and money if you want to pick up an Oaklandish tee from the Mobile Ops truck, make a donation to support free events like this, or buy artwork from the Innovators winners.

We will enjoy beer from Linden Street Brewery, Pacific Coast Brewing Co., and the brand new Lake Chalet. There will be Lanesplitter pizza, and other food thanks to Noah's Bagels, Bacheesos, and Semifreddi's Bakery. This event is also sponsored by Hard Knock Radio and will feature some of the 2009 Oakland Innovators award winners. Don't miss this year's Radio Regatta!
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
INNOVATORS EXHIBIT @ JACK LONDON SQUARE
The crew at Oaklandish and the 2009 Innovators and Arts-in-Action award winners put up an exhibit in Jack London Square last week. It features the amazing work of the organizations and artists who won the awards this year. You can find the exhibit at Water and Broadway (top of Broadway). Check out some photos of the display on the Oaklandish blog:
http://oaklandishtownlove.blogspot.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
EAT REAL
(Friday 8/28 through Sunday 8/30)
Oaklandish will be enjoying fresh fruits and veggies, local beer, and live music at this three-day free food festival in Jack London Square. There will also be chef demonstrations, dance performances, bands, films, food competitions, a butchery contest, and more. Come get your grub on! In keeping with the street food vibe, you'll be able to get your Oaklandish gear at the Mobile Ops rig.
http://eatrealfest.com/
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
HAMMERTIME
Maybe you heard it's Hammertime? The Oaklandish online only, limited- edition t-shirt of the month features M.C. Hammer. You can touch this:
http://tinyurl.com/lp8pqa
And Hammer is makin' a comeback in Oakland with a show at the renovated Fox Theater on September 25th!
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
WOBO PRESENTS KIDICAL MASS
Saturday, August 22
Meet up at Frog Park(also known as Hardy Park, 491 Hardy St, Oakland)
Between 10:00 and 10:30, depart around 10:45
A social ride for families with kids of all ages, and others interested in riding along. Bring the kids on the the trail-a-bike, the trailer, the Xtracycle, on their own bikes, or however you happen to make it work. This ride is about 3 miles. Expect a leisurely pace and relaxed atmosphere.
Contact: mark [at] walkoaklandbikeoakland.org
pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish