Lakefest this weekend
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   July 30, 2009
-----------------------
{ contents }
The Success of the Second Oaklandish Salsa by the Lake - The Sequel
Thrillist Feature on Oaklandish
Keep Baseball in Oakland
Upcoming Oaklandish Events
The Oaklandish T-Shirt Design Contest
Lakefest, Best of the East Bay, and more Fairs and Parties
-----------------------
-----------------------
SALSA BY THE LAKE - the sequel
Oaklandish had its second Salsa by the Lake of the year last Sunday. Hundreds of people showed up to take free dance lessons and enjoy the live music by Pasion Habanera. You can check out pictures at: http://oaklandishtownlove.blogspot.com/
-----------------------
-----------------------
THRILLIST
Oaklandish was featured in today's San Francisco edition of Thrillist. Nice to get some recognition from across the bay!
http://bit.ly/oakthrillist
-----------------------
-----------------------
KEEP BASEBALL IN OAKLAND
Oaklandish just came out with another dope new t-shirt. The "Keep Baseball in Oakland" shirt was designed with the future in mind. Half of all proceeds go toward local Little League scholarships for kids and teens in Oakland who need it the most.
http://tinyurl.com/npet3n
-----------------------
-----------------------
RADIO REGATTA
Sunday, August 23rd from 1:00-7:00pm.
This summertime party is located at the Lake Merritt Sailboat House and includes DJ's, food and beer, and free gondola rides. You can also go out for a spin on the Lake on other half-priced boat rentals. Bring your radio, because the event also features an FM microbroadcast so you can listen to the music while out on the water. This event is free for all ages.
-----------------------
-----------------------
T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST
Calling the East Bay’s next generation of visionary artists. Win a chance to have your own unique t-shirt produced and sold all over the Bay Area. These designs should portray some aspect of life in Oakland. $200 Grand Prize (plus a stack of shirts with your design). All designs must be submitted by October 1, 2009.
http://www.oaklandish.com/contest.html
-----------------------
-----------------------
LAKEFEST
You can find Oaklandish at Lakefest all weekend long, from 10am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday (August 1 and 2). You'll be able to find the Oaklandish Mobile Ops Rig on Lakeshore, near Colonial Donuts. Lakeshore will be closed between Mandana and Lake Park. There will be live performances on two stages, lots of Oakland-based vendors, plus 2009 Oakland Innovator award winner K-Dub of Town Park presenting "Hood Games by the Lake" at Splash Pad Park on Sunday, with special appearance by fellow award-winner Baby Champ (aka "the Scraper Bike King").
http://www.oaklandlakefest.com
-----------------------
-----------------------
BEST OF THE EAST BAY
Next weekend, we will be at the "Best of the East Bay" party at the Oakland Museum on Friday, August 7th. This party is free and open to the public (all ages), celebrating the winners of The Best of the East Bay. Thanks to all of you who voted for us for "Best Place to Buy a T- shirt" and "Best East Bay Product." We will be doing live screenprinting and selling our apparel at the party from 5pm-midnight. Main stage will feature Superfinos VTO, The Thrill of it All, Mystic Rage, Swann Danger, Souls of Mischief, C U Next Weekend (Shampu), Dizzy Balloon, Social Unrest, Fracas, and Goapele.
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/eLert?oid=oid%3A992458

The very next day we will be at the Laurel Street Fair from 1:00-6:00pm.
http://www.laureldistrictassociation.org/
pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish