Salsa Sunday
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   July 22, 2009

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

{ contents }
Salsa by the Lake
Laurel Movie Night on the Patio
Lakefest
Best of the East Bay
Radio Regatta
Grow your Oakland
T-shirt Design Contest
Corsair Press Screenprinting
New Oaklandish designs
Catch us if You Can... Rig Locations this summer
... and it's officially Hammertime!

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

The (Second) Third Annual SALSA BY THE LAKE is this Sunday, July 26th!
We've been having this party once a year, but since everyone had so much fun at the last one in May, we're bringin' it to y'all again! There will be free dance lessons by Isaac Kos-Read, and live band "Pasion Habanera." This party will take place at Splash Pad Park (across from the Grand Lake Theater, where the Farmers' Market is) from 2:00-7:00pm. Don't miss it!

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Tonight, Wednesday July 22nd is the LAUREL MOVIE NIGHT ON THE PATIO!
Featuring a screening of the food justice film FRESH by Ana Sofia Joanes! It's from 5pm-10pm at Trattoria Laurellino's (4171 Macarthur). Event is free, suggested donation $5-7.
http://www.yelp.com/events/oakland-laurel-movie-night-on-the-patio

For more fun in the Laurel District...
LAUREL COMMUNITY FARMERS' MARKET
Saturdays 10am-2pm, open year-round
Macarthur at Maybelle (parking lot of 4173 Macarthur). 1st Saturday of Every Month: Youth and Families Day. Last Saturday of Every Month: Senior Discount. For more information contact: tori [at] foodcommunityculture.org

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

LAKEFEST
Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd, noon-6pm
This Lakeshore festival will have vendors and performers, including Oakland Innovators award winner K-Dub with "Hood Games By the Lake" on Sunday from 11:00-4:00 in Splash Pad Park.
http://www.oaklandlakefest.com/

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

BEST OF THE EAST BAY PARTY
Friday, August 7th, 5pm-Midnight
The crew at Oaklandish was juiced to win the Best of the East Bay awards for "Best Place to Buy a T-shirt" and "Best East Bay Product." Thanks to all of you who voted for us (twice)! Join us for the East Bay Express "Best of the East Bay" party at the Oakland Museum. We will be set up in two locations -- selling our apparel (which will also be in the Fashion Show), and doing live screenprinting in the other. Come thru!
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/eLert?oid=oid%3A992458

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

OAKLANDISH RADIO REGATTA
Sunday, August 23rd, 1-7pm
The biggest Oaklandish party of the year is coming up. We will be enjoying the day at the Lake Merritt Sailboat House, with DJ's, free food and beer, free gondola rides, and 1/2 off on other boat rides.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Check out the new "GROW YOUR OAKLAND" website:
http://growyouroakland.org/pages/main.php?pageid=21&pagecategory=6
The downloads page has garden guides and Lake Merritt birds guides, Oakland walks series, and Oakland farmers' markets schedules. They are also calling for locally-produced, Oakland-inspired artwork to feature on the site. If you're interested you can get in touch at: info [at] growyouroakland.org .

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Another call for artists...
Oaklandish is holding a contest for new Oaklandish T-shirt designs. The winner will win $200 and stack of shirts of their design, as well as lots of recognition from our website, markets, and more! The contest is split into two categories -- youth (17 years old and under) and adults (18 and older). The deadline for the design submissions is October 1st. For more information: http://www.oaklandish.com/contest.html

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

CORSAIR PRESS
If anyone's interested in getting screenprinted shirts, contact our screenprinting partner Corsair Press at 510-207-4454 or by email at info [at] corsairpress.com .

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Check out our new Oaklandish gear.
- new women's v-neck with the giraffe from the murals on the pillars at the Harrison St. exit
http://tinyurl.com/nfgktz
- Bart BART t-shirt
http://tinyurl.com/bartbart
- Oakland A's design for only $15. Half of the proceeds from this "Keep Baseball in Oakland" tee will help us sponsor local Little League teams.
http://tiny.cc/W4jir

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

WHERE YOU CAN FIND OAKLANDISH:

Sunday, July 26: SALSA BY THE LAKE (2:00-7:00)
Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd: LAKEFEST (10:00-6:00)
Friday, August 7th: BEST OF THE EAST BAY PARTY (5:00-12:00)
Saturday, August 8th: LAUREL STREET FAIR (1:00-6:00)
Saturday, August 15th and Sunday, August 16th: ART & SOUL (12:00-6:00)
Sunday, August 23rd: RADIO REGATTA (1:00-7:00)
Saturday, August 29th (10:00-9:00) and Sunday, August 30th (10:00-5:00):
EAT REAL FESTIVAL

And every Saturday at the Grand Lake Farmers' Market and every Sunday at the Temescal Farmers' Market (Claremont DMV parking lot).

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

STOP. HAMMERTIME.
Oaklandish is now selling $2 clear and white Hammertime stickers. They look great on cars and stop signs (although we didn't tell you to put them there). If you want to be on Hammertime, go to:
http://tinyurl.com/l3dmmo

Stay tuned for details about August's T-shirt of the month!

pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish