Best of the East Bay RUNOFF
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:05:32 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   July 1, 2009
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
{ contents }
Best of the East Bay RUNOFF
this summer's second Salsa by the Lake
the Radio Regatta
Taller Tupac Amaru Open Studios
bike race in Oakland, a Chinatown night market, CTF
new Oaklandish designs
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
What's up Oaklandish Family, hopefully you're all enjoying the Summer! There are tons of fun things going on in the next few weeks, so get ready...
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
BEST OF THE EAST BAY RUNOFF
Oaklandish is in the running for "Best East Bay Product," the "Best Place to Buy a T-Shirt," and "Best Local Innovator." Show your love and vote by July 6th. Even if you voted earlier in the first round, you should show your support again in the runoff.
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/poll?poll=oid%3A1026897
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
OAKLANDISH PRESENTS THE SECOND SALSA BY THE LAKE OF THE SUMMER!!!
We usually only have this event once a year, but the one we had on May 31st was so much fun, and folks keep asking us when we were gonna have another one, so we decided we would make it happen! The next Salsa by the Lake will be at Splash Pad Park again (across from the Grand Lake Theater) and will be on Sunday afternoon from 1-7pm, July 26th. Details about the band will be announced in the next newsletter. If you wanna check out pictures from the last Salsa by the Lake, go to our blog at: http://oaklandishtownlove.blogspot.com/
Be sure to let your friends know about this fun event!
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
THE RADIO REGATTA: THE BIGGEST OAKLANDISH EVENT OF THE YEAR
Sunday, August 23th, 2009 from 1-7pm
Don't miss this fun party - there will be DJ's, food, beer, free gondola rides and half-price boat rides all day long. Some of the 2009 Oakland Innovators award winners will be present, so you can learn more about them and the work they do.
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Favianna Rodriguez, the 2009 Oaklandish Arts-in-Action winner, and her collective, Taller Tupac Amaru, present: INK & PAPER, their BiAnnual Open Studios. It will include stencil and printmaking demos, raffles, and more! July 11 & 12, 2009, 11am-6pm. 1505 33rd Ave. Oakland. (Accessible by BART - Fruitvale)
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Oakland Grand Prix Bicycle Race
July 5th, from 8am-5pm.
This a closed course around the Kaiser Center in downtown Oakland. Streets involved are Webster, Harrison, 19th, 20th, 21st, and Franklin. 350 cyclists from USA Cycling compete on this multi-lap course. Different divisions comprised of amateur and pro racers, both homegrown and international. Start and finish at Snow Park by the lake. Come down and check it out!
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
There's a new night market in Chinatown every Saturday this month (except for July 4th) from 4-9pm. The market features chef demonstrations, live entertainment, many vendors, and is located in the courtyard of the Pacific Renaissance Plaza.
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
URBAN CAPTURE THE FLAG
Capture the Flag at Frank Ogawa Plaza (14th and Broadway) is making a comeback this summer!! Every first and third Tuesday of the month. 7:30pm show up/meet&greet 8:00pm rules/teams/game on!
More info: myspace.com/oaklandctf
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
OAKLANDISH GEAR
We've got a new American Apparel Asphalt Flex Fleece Hoody (the one with the white drawstrings)!
Check it out at our webstore:
http://tinyurl.com/flexfleece
Also available at the Grand Lake and Temescal Farmers' Markets (Saturdays and Sundays respectively).
pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.twitter.com/0aklandish
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish