ROLLIE
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:14:57 -0700 (PDT)
O A K L A N D I S H   |   newsletter   |   May 14, 2009
-----------------------
{ contents }
Our new and improved webstore
NEW online-only, limited edition designs
The annual Oaklandish Salsa by the Lake!
News from Innovators award winners and other fun events coming up!
-----------------------
-----------------------
NEW & IMPROVED WEBSTORE
We have just re-launched our webstore. It now features brand-new photos of all of our screen printed shirts, hoodies, and posters (all printed by hand right here in Oakland!). These new photos make it easier to check out all of our fresh apparel online, including our new designs for Spring. Some of these newer and fresher styles include a t-shirt that features the famous Oakland Tribune building, a new women's Port of Oakland cranes image, and many more designs to express your love for original Oakland charm.

ONLINE SALE
To make way for these new designs, we've marked down our remaining discontinued styles. Many tees are only $10 each. Quantities are very limited, so check out the sale!
http://www.oaklandish.com/shop/index.php?cPath=93

T-SHIRT OF THE MONTH
Oaklandish has also come out with a brand-new, limited edition, online-only t-shirt and poster of the month. We will be featuring several trend-setting locals who know how to show their Oakland pride. This internet-only series begins with the man behind the mustache -- Oakland A's player Rollie Fingers. He will be followed by more patron saints and sinners of the Town. Let us know which Oaklanders' faces you would like to see featured.

-  Online Store: http://www.oaklandish.com/shop
- Also available at the Grand Lake and Temescal Farmers' Markets (Saturdays and Sundays respectively).
------------------------
------------------------
Lots of fun events coming up...

MALCOLM X FESTIVAL - Saturday, MAY 30TH
This free festival will take place at San Antonio Park (18th Ave. and Foothill Blvd.) from 11:00am-7:00pm. There will be live music, activities, and many booths, including Oaklandish.
------------------------
------------------------
OAKLANDISH SALSA BY THE LAKE - Sunday, May 31st
This annual event is back, 100% free and kickin off the summer season with a bang. This event is at the Splash Pad Park, across the street from the Grand Lake Theater from 1:00-6:00pm. We are having free Salsa dance classes and a live performance by Salsa band Rumbache.
------------------------
------------------------
WEST OAKLAND'S GREEN SCENE -  Saturday, June 6th
This celebration of both the new park and the many organizations that are creating healthy and sustainable communities in Oakland will be held at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park from 11:00am-4:00pm.
http://www.ebparks.org/GreenScene2009
------------------------
------------------------
TEMESCAL STREET FAIR - Sunday, June 7th
Come enjoy live music, local artists, a culinary stage, children's activities, an Oaklandish booth and much more at the 6th annual Temescal Street Fair. This event will take place on Telegraph between 45th and 51st St.
------------------------
------------------------
...for some news about our 2009 Oaklandish Innovators award winners...

KUNG FU GROCERY MARTIAL ARTS PERFORMANCE - JUNE 13TH
This event is a benefit for the Kung Fu Grocery summer camp. It will take place from 11:00am-1:00pm at 6401 San Pablo Ave. Tickets are $5 with no one turned away for lack of funds.
------------------------
------------------------
Bay Area Girls Rock Camp is currently seeking volunteers for summer camp. Musical and non-musical positions are available, including: instrument instructors, band managers, roadies, kitchen crew, workshop leaders, and more. To apply, go to www.bayareagirlsrockcamp.org. The application deadline is May 29th.
------------------------
------------------------
...for more fun, free events...

CAPTURE THE FLAG
Capture the Flag at Frank Ogawa Plaza (14th and Broadway) is making a comeback this summer!! Every first and third Tuesday of the month; 7:30pm-show up/meet&greet 8:00pm-rules/teams/game on! More info: http://www.myspace.com/oaklandctf
------------------------
------------------------
4 SQUARE
Reminder that 4 Square of the East Bay is still happening Mondays and Thursdays @ Rockridge BART parking lot, 9pm.
www.myspace.com/4squareeastbay
------------------------
------------------------
CHILDREN'S FAIRYLAND
If you want to support a beloved Oakland institution, don't miss the 14th annual Children's Fairyland Gala, "One Enchanted Evening." This fundraiser is Thursday, June 4th from 6:30-9:30pm. There will be a live performance, silent auction, and buffet accompanied by fairy- tale or story-book attire. Tickets on sale now at http:// www.fairyland.org/support_fairyland/annual_gala_dinner.htm
Pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish
http://www.youtube.com/oaklandish