Holiday Shopping @ Mobile Ops
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:55:35 -0800 (PST)
So, there are pros and cons of this time of year. For the Oaklandish Crew, there's the opportunity to award $30,000 of grants to Oakland non-profits and artists. In order to do this, we have to sling lots of gear between now and next Wednesday. Most of this involves standing around in the cold and rain at the top of Piedmont Avenue with our Mobile Ops Oaklandish store / converted campervan.

-------------------------
-------------------------

MOBILE OPS

We will be at the top of Piedmont Avenue @ Pleasant Valley (weather permitting), in front of the Piedmont Piano Company & Harmony Road Music School (thanks, Jim Callahan!) at these times:

Friday, December 19 - noon until 6pm
Saturday, December 20 - 3pm-6pm (from 9am-2pm we will be at our usual spot at the Grand Lake farmers' market)
Sunday, December 21 - noon to 6pm
Monday, December 22 - 2pm to 6pm
Tuesday, December 23 - noon to 6pm
Wednesday, December 24 - 11am to 3pm

You can also find us at the Telegraph Avenue Holiday Street Fair (sans truck) on Saturday, Sunday,Tuesday, and Wednesday from 11am to 6pm, plus at the Temescal farmers' market in the Claremont DMV parking lot on Sunday from 9am to 1pm, and at the Berkeley farmers' market Crafts Fair on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. And as we mentioned above, we will also be at the Grand Lake farmers' market from 9am to 2pm on Saturday (we're parked on Lake Park, across from the no-longer- Kwikway).

-------------------------
-------------------------

ONLINE ORDERS

Iif you prefer to shop from the warmth of your home or office, check out:
http://www.oaklandish.com/shop/

We're having some web-only specials and clearance items. Order by 5pm tomorrow, FRIDAY, December 19 for USPS Priority Mail delivery by Christmas. Order by 11pm SUNDAY, December 21 for USPS Express Mail delivery by Christmas.

-------------------------
-------------------------

RETAIL STORES / GREETINGS

If you want to shop in a more traditional store environment, go to Greetings on Piedmont Avenue for the largest retail store selection of men's, women's, and kids' Oaklandish gear. For a full list of retail outlets, see here:
http://www.oaklandish.com/welcome.html

-------------------------
-------------------------

OAKLANDISH GRANTS

We'll be deciding on the 2008 Oakland Innovators Award and Arts-In- Action grantees soon, so stay tuned! Thanks to all of you who took the time to apply. We will be communicating with all applicants soon, regardless of our decision on your proposal.

-------------------------
-------------------------

SCRAPER BIKES

http://features.csmonitor.com/backstory/2008/12/08/