Radio Regatta Sunday
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:37:49 -0700 (PDT)
3RD ANNUAL LAKE MERRITT RADIO REGATTA

This Sunday, August 17, 2008 from noon to 5pm @ the Lake Merritt Sailboat House

We will be chillin' and drifting lakeside... Take advantage of: 1/2 off boat rentals! Rowboats, sailboats, kayaks, and paddle boats. Free pontoon rides & gondola service! (space limited). Linden Street Brewery will be pouring their famous Common Lager to quench your thirst!

Live FM micro broadcast featuring: DJINTI, BLACKHEART, BOBBY PERU, DJ MarMar and DJBASTA spinning some summer jams. ((BYO radio)) to listen in while boating!

Also, our 2008 Innovators Award winner, Youth Spirit Artworks (YSA), will be celebrating the end of their semester by hosting an exhibit and silent auction of their furniture art throughout the event. YSA seeks to empower and transform the lives of homeless and at-risk youth through art, job training in furniture painting, and community art making.

Come out to see old friends and meet new ones! ** FREE FOR ALL AGES**

Map and directions:
http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/rental_facilities/ sailboathouse_directions.asp

Pics from last year: http://www.oaklandish.com/EVENTS/regatta/index.html

Email us at volunteer [at] oaklandish.org if you'd like to help out with decorating, signing people up for boats, handing out water, etc. Thanks!

Pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish
http://www.youtube.com/oaklandish