Art & Soul
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
This Weekend at the Art & Soul Festival
We are very proud to present the Local-Love Screening Tent

Daily Program Schedule:
  - Youth Viewpoints (Short Videos from Local Young People) -
12PM: Digital Underground Storytelling for Youth
1PM: East Bay Asian Youth Center
2PM: Bay Area Video Coalition
  - Historical Perspectives -
3PM: Rebels of Oakland; The Raiders, The A's, The 70's
4PM: Oaklandish Local Love Montage, featuring early silent movies of
Oakland from the 20's & 30's, newsreel footage from the 50's, tales of
Bruce Lee in Oakland, highlights of the unruly 60's (Panthers & Angels),
The Championship Teams of the 70's, Sun Ra's Spaceship Lands
Downtown, the Jonestown Connection, Felix Mitchell Junior's Funeral,
and more original East Bay Charm.
5PM: Local Love Encore

Plus, our Mobile-Ops Unit will be parked
& vending all the fly new Oaklandish styles...

More info: http://artandsouloakland.com/
Urban Capture The Flag is on Tuesday September 4th
Frank Ogawa Plaza, New Times:
- Explanation of Rules at 8:15 pm
- Game Starts promptly at 8:30pm
** CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 18th **
- For the Oaklandish Cup!! (End of Season)
Did you know about the Oakland Society for Recreation?
They just hipped me to all these wacky games going on around the town...
1. Bicycle Polo: Thursdays at 8:30 pm - currently at Rockridge Bart parking lot.
2. Pick-up Soccer: 1pm Sundays at Bushrod Park
3. Kickball: 6pm Mosswood Park on Sundays.
Thanks for coming out to the Radio-Regatta!
And hey, we need pictures, so send us your photos!!
Due to Art & Soul we will not be at our usual Farmer's Market engagement this Saturday
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish
http://www.youtube.com/oaklandish