*1st FRIDAY*
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 00:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
>> A load of upcoming events, multimedia, & local love >>
Oaklandish @ The Oakland Museum this Friday Evening...
"The first Friday of every month takes on a whole new groove at the Oakland Museum of California! Hear live performances by leading Bay Area artists, enjoy the full cash bar and light dining in our café. A cool, safe and comfortable place for family and friends to get together-all ages welcome! Stroll through our galleries and gardens, relax with your favorite drink, or dance your heart out. Take a break from the music and galleries to practice yoga. Or bring a picnic and watch a Truly CA documentary film in the gardens. And now you can shuttle between the museum and Oakland's Art Murmur, courtesy of the City's free shuttle bus."
August 3, 5–9 p.m.
Featuring:
- the Bay Area Blues Society Caravan of All Stars
- Yosemite Night At the Museum
- ToiZounZ' & RiddimZ'
- Yoga with Simmin Joy
- Sunset Cinema: Gumby Dharma
- Images of America: Black Artists of Oakland
- Fair / Sale: Feria Urbana
- Take the City of Oakland's First Fridays Gallery Shuttle
- MORE INFO HERE: http://www.museumca.org/ffaf/index2.html
New "YouTube" Group for Oakland related videos!
Come watch & contribute videos to our growing online archive of local history:
http://www.youtube.com/group/oaklandish
Pssst... Capture the Flag is on *again*
8:30pm on Tuesday August 7th
FRANK OGAWA PLAZA (CITY HALL)
Tell a friend.
Laurel World Music Festival
Saturday August 11, noon-6pm
MORE INFO: http://www.laureldistrictassociation.org/
NITE SOUK
...a magical & eclectic evening event bringing together culture, street performers, and exotic foods. Inspired by night markets around the world, the bazaar will celebrate the community and embrace night-time in Oakland. There's no need to travel across the globe to see and experience this popular phenomenon, it's happening right here! Enjoy: Henna Body Art, Oakland Wish Tree, Tarot Readings, Dance & Music, Comedy Circus, Old Oakland Outdoor Cinema, Neighborhood Restaurants, and more.

WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007, 6pm-11pm
WHERE: Old Oakland (Washington St. near 9th)
Oaklandish presents...
The 2nd Annual Lake Merritt Radio-Regatta

Come & chill Lakeside for this special Summer event & Live FM Micro-broadcast:
- featuring DJ’S Kitty (KALX), Spinnerty, Marmar & Bobby Peru
- playing eclectic & esoteric sunshine music.
- Tune-in to the stereo transmission while out upon the waters
( ( ( BYO RADIO ) ) )

1/2 off all Boat Rentals!
sailboats, rowboats, kayaks, paddleboats,
canoes & Gondola service

Refreshments, including sangria & the debut of Oakland’s own
URBAN PEOPLE’S COMMON LAGER - from Linden St. Brewery
“a throwback to the pre-prohibition era, when there were over 40 breweries in Oakland”
- served in biodegradable cups -

Free for all ages.
Sunday August 26th, from 2pm - 7pm
568 Bellevue Avenue inside Lakeside Park

Flier: http://www.oaklandish.org/regatta.jpg
Pics from last year: http://www.oaklandish.com/regatta/
Art & Soul Festival
Downtown Oakland
September 1, 2 & 3, 11am-6pm

- Oaklandish Presents -
The Local Love Screening Tent
Featuring:
- Rebels of Oakland; the Raiders, the A's, the 70's
- the Local Love Montage; 20th Century Oakland
- as well as youth produced video shorts from:
- The East Bay Asian Youth Center
- D.U.S.T.Y. (Digital Underground Story Telling For Youth)
Pick up Oaklandish Apparel & Merch
at the Grand Lake Farmers' Market every Saturday 9am - 2pm
and in front of the top of Piedmont Avenue this Sunday from noon to 6pm
SPREAD THE WORD!
http://www.oaklandish.com
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish
http://www.youtube.com/group/oaklandish
subscribe to our list: subscribe [at] oaklandish.com