Salsa by the Lake!
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
SALSA BY THE LAKE
dance, music, sun, romance...
with Timba/Cuban Salsa Lessons courtesey of Isaac Kos-Read
This Sunday July 22nd, 2pm - 6pm
Lake Merritt Pergola (Next to the fountain between Lakeshoe & Grand Avenues)
FREE!
Urban Capture the Flag is on tonight!
8:30pm Tuesday July 17th
Location: FRANK OGOWA PLAZA (CITY HALL)
Save The Date: 2nd ANNUAL RADIO REGATTA
{ boating party & radio broadcast on lake merrit }
Sunday August 26th
Free. BYO Radio.
Epic Arts Presents... Ridiculous Olympic BBQ
at Tilden Park - Lake Anza on Sun July 29th
Past events have included the Chicken Toss, Ridiculous Relay, Grape Eating Contest,
Balloon Toss, Tug-of-War, Solar Powered DJ Battle and much more.
To accentuate the drama we have professional sportscasters,
cheerleaders, and innocent bystanders creating a ridiculous, free, all ages day of Olympic fun.
Laurel World Music Festival
Saturday August 11, noon-6pm
http://www.laureldistrictassociation.org/
::: NITE SOUK :::
A magical & eclectic evening event bringing together culture, street performers, and exotic foods.
Inspired by night markets around the world, the bazaar will celebrate the community and embrace night-time in Oakland.
Enjoy: Henna Body Art, Oakland Wish Tree, Tarot Readings, Dance & Music, Comedy Circus,
Old Oakland Outdoor Cinema, Neighborhood Restaurants, and more.
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007, 6pm-11pm
WHERE: Old Oakland (Washington St. near 9th)
Art & Sould Festival
Downtown Oakland
September 1, 2 & 3, 11am-6pm
Send pics of you & your friends in Oaklandish wear!
We're building our local-love scrapbook.
& giving out free shirts to those who send the nice shots.
Thanks! gear [at] oaklandish.com
As usual, we'll be at the Grand Lake Farmer's Market on Saturday from 9am to 2pm.
WE WILL NOT BE AT PIEDMONT AVENUE THIS SUNDAY (because of the Salsa by the Lake event).
Pass it on...
http://www.oaklandish.org/what.html
http://www.myspace.com/oaklandish
get on the list: subscribe [at] oaklandish.org

  • SALSA by the LAKE! Oaklandish Events, July 24 2006
    • Salsa by the Lake! Oaklandish Events, July 16 2007