Party @ The Parkway
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:13:47 -0700 (PDT)
This Thursday:
*PARTY @ THE PARKWAY*
(w/ after-party at the Parkway Lounge)

Alright, maybe you've seen the t-shirts & stickers around, but does that mean you really know the meaning of "Oaklandish"? Have you truly felt the East Bay Grease and familiarized yourself with what we call 'Original Oakland Charm'?? Here's your chance to dig beneath the surface of this project, and expose yourself to the hidden history and oddball spirit that exists here in the town. This unique video presentation is a compilation of greatest hits from our archives, put together in a poppin' party mix. Then join us next door at the Parkway Lounge for a drink, a smile, and some genre busting musical excursions.

SCREENING:
- Oakland Raider Parking Lot (23 minutes)
- The Local Love Montage (1 hour)
A New Oakland Love Retrospective featuring early silent movies of Oakland from the 20's & 30's, newsreel footage from the 50's, Tales of Bruce Lee in Oakland, highlights of the unruly 60's (Panthers & Altamont), the Raiders & A's Championships of the 70's, Sun Ra, Too Short, Felix Mitchell Junior's Funeral, The Earthquake & Hills Fire, plus more treasures from our archives.

Movies: Thursday, September 14, 9:15 pm, admission $5
After-party: 11pm at the Parkway Lounge (free)

The Parkway
1834 Park Blvd, Oakland, CA
http://www.picturepubpizza.com
http://www.oaklandish.org