this weekend
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
keep it cool, baby. spread the word...
THIS SATURDAY: The Liberation Drive-In
free pirate movie theater in downtown Oakland
Showing: A New Wave Double Feature
9pm: Liquid Sky (1982, NYC)
11pm: Repo Man (1984, LA)
New Location: our new location is the Tribune Employee Parking Lot
on the North side of 14th Street between Webster & Franklin.
Free for pedestrians & bicyclists, $5 per car.
BYO RADIO for ((( stereo ))) FM transmission!!
THIS SUNDAY: Oaklandish & SalsaCrazy present... SALSA BY THE LAKE!
Lakeside dance, music, and romance! Come join us as we dance the afternoon away, Oaklandish style! Inspired by the easy Parisian evenings along La Seine, where one and all can simply show up and dance their hearts away, we're bringing our own dose of local love. Demonstration and Instruction by local salsero legend Juan Gil of the Oakland Veteran's Memorial Building.
Sunday - July 30th, from 12-4pm
Lake Merritt Pergola (along NW end of the Lake)
THIS TUESDAY: Next Urban Capture The Flag Game
Tuesday August 1st, 9pm at Frank Ogowa Plaza (City Hall)
- bring your running shoes!
Saturday AUGUST 12th: THE NONCHALANCE OVERNIGHTER
Stories told and songs sung around the campfire at Lake Chabot.
Get details: rsvp [at] oaklandish.org
Yes, we'll be at the Farmer's Market on Saturday with all the new styles!
Thank you & you & you.
contact: info [at] oaklandish.org
web: http://www.oaklandish.org