SALSA by the LAKE!
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:17:41 -0700 (PDT)
*** Ever More Summer Madness! ***
THIS SUNDAY: Oaklandish & SalsaCrazy present... SALSA BY THE LAKE!
Join us for an afternoon of romance, dance, and salsa music... for free! At the Lake Merrit Pergola
(the colonnade you often jog, walk, or drive by on the north end of the lake).
Sunday - July 30th, from 1-4pm
THIS SATURDAY: The Liberation Drive-In
free pirate movie theater in downtown Oakland
Showing: A New Wave Double Feature
9pm: Liquid Sky (1982, NYC)
11pm: Repo Man (1984, LA)
New Location: our new location is the Tribune Employee Parking Lot
on the North side of 14th Street between Webster & Franklin.
Free for pedestrians & bicyclists, $5 per car.
BYO RADIO for ((( stereo ))) FM transmission!!
See pictures of the LAKE-MERRITT RADIO REGATTA
here: http://www.oaklandish.com/regatta/
( and send us your photos too! - pics [at] oaklandish.org )
Next Urban Capture The Flag Game
Tuesday August 1st, 9pm at Frank Ogowa Plaza (City Hall)
- bring your running shoes!
Oakland’s Own Critical Mass Ride:
on the first Friday of each month (next one is Aug. 4th)
Riders Coincidentally meet at:
Frank Ogawa Plaza at 14th & Broadway in Oakland
Sometime around 5:30 or 6:00
Near the Bart Station Entry
Critical Mass Oakland!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts presents: Sampling Oakland
featuring: Oaklandish's Local-Love Video Montage
Terrace Galleries: Jul 15 - Oct 8, more info:
http://www.ybca.org/va/future/jul06/oakland.htm
Our new Oaklandish Gear can be found at: Greetings, Crackerjacks, Walden Pond, the Oakland Museum, and Montclair Sports.
But for the entire selection you'll have to find us at the Grand Lake Farmer's Market (every Saturday) with ever more styles, colors & sizes.
ALSO: our new webstore now accepts credit cards, in addition to PayPal, checks, and money orders.
You're purchases help support our Summer Programs of free cultural events, so wear it with pride!
Thank you & you & you.
contact: info [at] oaklandish.org
web: http://www.oaklandish.org