JULY ACTION!
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 19:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
REMINDER: The July Urban-Capture-the-Flag Game has been rescheduled (due to tomorrow's holiday).
Instead we'll be playing *NEXT* Tuesday, 7/11 - 9pm at Frank Ogawa Plaza.

GET INVOLVED: our 1st Volunteer Meeting will be head this Wednesday at 5:30 pm at Mama-Buzz Cafe (2318 Telegraph Ave).
We can really use your support at the Drive-In, the Regatta, the Overnighter, Salsa by the Lake, and Urban Capture the Flag.
Our team will receive free gear, beer, and other goodies at our events, so your good deeds will not go unrewarded!!

Btw, we need hand-held and boom-box radios for the Regatta!
If you have an extra one to donate, please bring it down to the Farmer's Market, or contact us and we'll come by to pick it up!

LAKE MERRITT RADIO-REGATTA!
Come out & boat w/ us: be it sail, row, paddle or gondola.
Chill Lakeside as we provide an entire short-wave FM broadcast from the Boat House,
while screening archival films of the area from the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's.
Bring a radio so you can hear the party while you're out on the lake.
w/ fresh sangria, snacks, limeade, distractions of all sorts
DJ's Kemrexx, Kool Kyle, and Bobby Peru
1/2 off on boat rentals all day. (The partay is free!)
Sunday July 16th, 1pm-7pm at the Boat House
Thanks to our sponsors: The Clorox Foundation
& City of Oakland Cultural Arts & Marketing

Oaklandish & SalsaCrazy presents
SALSA BY THE LAKE!
lakeside dance, music & romance
the afternoon of Sunday July 30th
more info tba

Saturday AUGUST 12th: THE NONCHALANCE OVERNIGHTER
Stories told and songs sung around the campfire at Lake Chabot.
This camp-out in the hills for our friends & family: rsvp [at] nonchalance.org

Yerba Buena Center for the Arts presents...  "Sampling Oakland"
[screening: our Local-Love Video Montage]
Terrace Galleries: Jul 15 - Oct 8
Opening Night Party: Fri, Jul 14, 8 - 11 pm
more info: http://www.ybca.org/va/future/jul06/oakland.htm

THE LIBERATION DRIVE-IN!
free pirate movie theater in Downtown Oakland
Every last Saturday of the month
July 29th Double Feature:
Liquid Sky & Repo Man

NEW GEAR: a bunch of new men's, women's & children's
styles & colors of tee shirts & hoodies, the likes of which you have not yet seen.
These ones aren't on the webstore, so come down to the Grand Lake Farmer's Market
and check 'em out! Or pick up the other fine gear here:
http://www.oaklandish.org/shop/index.php

Tis The Season of Nonchalance!!
Get in touch: info [at] oaklandish.org