...pass it on!!
From: Oaklandish Events (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:30:56 -0700 (PDT)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE LIBERATION DRIVE-IN is *this Saturday Night @ 9pm*
brought to you by Oaklandish & The Tribune
free pirate movie theater - in a *new location*
downtown at the Tribune Employee Parking Lot
on the North side of 14th Street between Webster & Franklin

FEATURING: THE LOCAL-LOVE MONTAGE
An Oakland Love Retrospective featuring early silent movies of Oakland from the 20's & 30's, newsreel footage from the 50's, Tales of Bruce Lee in Oakland, highlights of the unruly 60's (Panthers & Hell's Angels), the Raiders & A's Championships of the 70's, Sun Ra, the Jonestown connection, Felix Mitchell Junior's Funeral, plus more East Bay Charm.

Note: pedestrians & bicyclists will be free, and cars will be $5 each.
This location is easily accessible by Bart or AC Transit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE NEXT URBAN CAPTURE-THE-FLAG GAME
will be held on 7/11, the *2nd Tuesday of July*
(because the 1st Tuesday happens to be the 4th of July)
If you didn't make it out last time: it was hella fun.
Nice night, nice folks, nice vibe... so don't be scurred! C'out & play.

I also heard there was a MIDNIGHT SOCCER GAME held at Astro Park (Lakeshore & Macarthur)
on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month. Can anyone confirm this for us??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LAKE MERRITT RADIO-REGATTA!
Come out & boat w/ us, be it sail, row, paddle or gondola!
Chill Lakeside as we provide an entire short-wave FM radio broadcast from the Boat House,
as well as historical screenings of Oakland from the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's
With homemade sangria, & DJ's Kemrexx, KoolKyle & Bobby Peru
Sunday July 16th, 1pm-7pm at the Boat House
Half off on all boat rentals. (The partay is free!)
Thanks to our sponsors: The Clorox Foundation
& City of Oakland Cultural Arts & Marketing

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oakslander Lakeside Gazette Vol 3
will be seeing the light of day this Fall.
Are you a writer, photographer, or artist sitting on some original Oakland charm?
Then let us know, we're seeking contributions!
e-mail: contribute [at] oaklandish.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ROCK THE ROOTS: OAKLANDISH WEAR !!
We have all new styles: tees, hoodies, & kiddy wear
available every Saturday at the Grand Lake Farmer's Market
Or online at http://www.oaklandish.com/shop/

Know a store that wants to carry our gear?
Let us know: sales [at] oaklandish.com

Vote for us in the Guardian's Best of the Bay Readers' Poll 2006!
Let's take "Best Local Website" -http://www.sfbg.com/vote/

- TELL A FRIEND / SPREAD THE WORD / PASS IT ON
- LET US KNOW OF UNDERGROUND STUFF WE'RE SLEEPING ON!
- GET INVOLVED: volunteer [at] oaklandish.com