*Holidaze in Oakland*
From: oaklandish-list (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:19:28 -0800 (PST)
Hello Friends of Oaklandish!
We just had to send you a holiday shout, and let you know about some more local love...
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
1. "X-MAS TIME IN OAKLAND".
The freshest new jingle from our homies at O.T.I.T.
It's totally hilarious and totally free!
Download it now: http://www.otit.org/music1.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
2. DJ Kitty's (from KALX & Ruby Room) new bar is about to open!
I hear it's swank, and there are some special holiday parties in the works.
Y'all need to check this out: ~ kitty's ~
6702 Hollis St. at 67th in Emeryville (near Ashby).
http://www.barkittys.com
http://www.myspace.com/barkittys
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
3. Oakland Storytelling Project: "The Organic City"
The Organic City is a narrative project focused on the downtown Oakland areas surrounding Lake Merritt, where people can read and write stories about local places through an interactive website. These stories will form the basis for mobile media that can be experienced while walking around the city. Peep it here: http://www.theorganiccity.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
4. Nonchalance in association with Oaklandish presents Bobby Peru's Eclectro/Magnetic: JERKMUSIC. (Free weekly music mix / podcast / mp3s). Bringing Brazilian, Afro-beat, Post-punk, No-Wave, Glitch-pop, and Esoterica in high quality 60 minute doses.
Download or stream here: http://www.nonchalance.com/music
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
5. TONIGHT: "SO WHAT, LET"S PARTY!!!" This is a really fun FREE, freaky weekly Thursday night at the original east bay dive bar, the drinks and the music will send you on a trip, and don't be surprised if ya body starts shakin. Drink Specials, Dance Floor, Pool Table, free wireless internet, shuffleboard and the best Sound System. 21 and up. 9p.m. til 2a.m. (It's bartender Kitty's last night). Deejays and live acts.. and your host with the most, INSPECTOR DOUBLE NEGATIVE - www.KOOLKYLE.com - IVY ROOM 858 San Pablo Ave. Albany, CA
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
6. We've had tons of requests for our gear that we're unable to fulfill right now because we're in between locations & projects. Apologies from us, but definitely watch out for us everywhere in '06 - - - By the way, there's some bootlegging of our identity going on right now (no sweat, just a second-rate flunky attempting to hijack our brand). If you happen to see this biter pushing unlicensed merchandise, just tell 'em you don't accept COUNTERFEIT OAKLANDISH!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
Original Oakland Charm. Tried and true, authentic every time.
Stay warm, be safe, and have a wonderful holiday and an inspired new year.
Ever yours,
Bobby Peru
http://www.oaklandish.org
http://www.nonchalance.com