Slam Tonight!
From: oaklandish-list (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
From the East Bay Express:
THU 4/14 - Back in 1998, in "A Renaissance Revolutionist's Plea," Bay
Area poet Mike McGee wished for ... a world where skies are gray when
they need to be/When autumn eats summer/I want the sun in due time/When
spring pounces on winter and shoves it up a depressed poet's ass/I want
my revolution. There's a good chance McGee has seen some of his
revolution, having won a grip of poetry slam prizes in 2003 and hauled
his "stand-up poetry" across the continent. Tonight he'll be the
featured guest at the Oakland(ish) Slam Series, which happens the
second Thursday of each month through June. Sign up to compete for cash
and a chance to participate in the national slam at 7:30 p.m.; show is
at 8:30. 411 2nd Street, Oakland, near Jack London Square. $5. 510-451-
2677. -- Stefanie Kalem

ALSO:
Don't miss "4:20'ISH" Party next Wednesday,
& "Bum's Paradise" (Albany Bulb Documentary)
Screening & Reception - Saturday April 23rd