UPCOMING OAKLANDISHNESS!
From: oaklandish-list (oaklandish-listoaklandish.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:59:52 -0800 (PST)
UPCOMING 2005 EVENTS:

--------------------------------------
Saturday, January 15, 7:30pm - 1:30am
the Vietnamese Artists Collective and Oaklandish Gallery/Lounge present:
(re)collect: Visions & Sounds
a multi-art show featuring emerging Vietnamese American artists in the bay; The Vietnamese Artists Collective is a group of artists of Vietnamese descent in the Bay Area who create and support multi-genre work. "(re)collect" is our method of piecing together the artistic threads in the community.
Featured Artists:
Visual: Tan Khanh, Kevin Nguyen, Hoa Nguyen, Thuy Tran and An Tran, Musicians: Unity Nguyen, Linh Nguyen, and, Magnetic North, AFTERPARTY WITH: DJ's My Lai, DJ Roza, and DJ VNA spinnin' hip-hop, soul, and breakbeats.
sliding scale admission $7-20 (proceeds will benefit the Collective)
Gallery/Lounge time: 7:30 - Live Music: 8:30-10:00 - AfterParty: 10:30-1:30
For more information e-mail vacollective [at] yahoo.com or visit www.vacollective.com

Sunday - January 23, '05
The POCC presents: The "Chairman Fred is Back" Tour
Poetry for Political Prisoners
Featuring Chairman Fred Hampton Jr of the Prisoners of Conscience Committee, Phavia Kujichagulia, political jazz artist, The Show Stoppers (young women dance ensemble) and more! cosponsored by POCC Radio: The Block Report Radio Show, Black August Organizing Committee, The World Wind Newspaper, The Commemoration Committee of the Black Panther Party, and Oaklandish
*FREE* 6pm-8pm, $5 dinners will be sold

OAKLANDISH
411 2nd Street
(between Broadway & Franklin)